It is thought that Dubai International Airport is planning to install 50-70 Sleep Boxes. Sleep Boxes are small cubicle spaces that are available at public places such as airports and train stations where people can book the ‘sleep box’ for a set time period to catch some sleep.
Sleep Box offers its users a small resting space while they wait for their ongoing connection. The concept is not new as Japan already has ‘Capsule Hotels’ that serve the same purpose. The only difference is that Sleep Boxes are bigger in size and give space to sit and sleep.
If introduced, the Sleep Box at Dubai Airport will primarily be intended to perform one main function which is to enable a person to sleep peacefully. But it may also be equipped with various additional functions, depending on the situation. Application of the device can be very broad, not only in the form of paid public service, but also for internal purposes of organizations and companies.
Specifications for the Sleep Box are as follows:
- Size: 2 m x 1,40m x 2,30m to sleep in comfort and security.
- Cheap sleep in case of emergency for anyone rich or poor!!
- No time wasted looking for a hotel
- Designed to be installed at train stations and airports, and central public places or cities where accommodation is fully booked.
- In tropical climate countries the sleeper box can be installed outdoors in main streets.
- The space includes bed, linen, ventilation system, alarm. LCD TV, WiFi , space for your laptop and re chargeable phone. Under your bed and floor there is a cupboard for your luggage.
- Payment is made at terminals who will give clients an electronic key that can be purchased for 15 minutes or for as many hours as you need.
Click on the Video below to watch a clip…